How we can help
Our innovation support is far-reaching and includes:
- Business support to all sectors, at all stages of development
- Advice on how to secure investment
- Specialist advice on intellectual assets (IA) and intellectual property (IP)
- Advice on digital solutions such as ecommerce
- Introductions to project partners within industry and academia
Am I eligible?
Our innovation support service is available to companies based in Scotland. But to fully benefit from the service it's best that you:
- Have a formed company, including a company registration number
- Have a business plan and/or a project plan
- Have conducted some market research
- Are able to finance a significant part of your innovation project
If you haven't formed your company yet, Business Gateway can help you get started.
Tell us about your project
Once we know more about your innovation project our advisers can:
- Provide you with information to support your project
- Take you through the support we can offer and highlight the support available from our partners
- Invite you to meet with our specialist advisers
If you don't think you meet all the criteria right now, we might still be able to help.
Tell us more about your innovation project
Manage your intellectual property and assets
Intellectual property (IP) assets include, not only patents, copyright, registered designs and trade marks, but trade secrets, expertise, sector knowledge and brand identity.
On average, IP assets form around 80% of a business value – so they require effective management to extract maximum profitability.
We offer free and impartial advice to help your business identify, manage and exploit IP assets.
Effective management of your IP, including expertise and market knowledge, can help increase your company's profits.
Talk to our IP specialists
We can help you:
- Identify the IP you will need to manage to protect new innovations and developments
- Manage confidentiality, contracts and ownership between third parties and your business
- Identify and value the unique assets that make your company attractive to investors and customers
- Take your goods and services to market
- Strengthen and protect your brand
- Tailor your international IP strategy